Active Fx CO2 Laser
ActiveFX Co2 Laser Resurfacing
Remarkable results, single treatment and minimal downtime
The Ailesbury Clinic was the first clinic to introduce ActiveFX to Ireland in 2006. Dr Patrick Treacy was amongst the first doctors worldwide to perfect the technique for use on necks and hands and he has lectured extensively on this technique throughout Europe and the US.
Active FX is one of the most advanced treatments available worldwide in the treatment of ageing skin. In essence it is possibly the most advanced fractional laser procedures presently available to patients and it can be performed in a single treatment with minimal patient downtime of about 4 to 5 days.
ActiveFX Co2 laser resurfacing uses a high-energy beam of laser light that interacts with the skin’s surface causing the upper layer to peel off and regenerate a layer of new skin resulting in improved colour and texture. During the procedure, a high-energy beam of laser light is used to smooth out lines, wrinkles, remove brown spots and other skin tone irregularities. It also stimulates formation of new underlying collagen to continue improvement over time. With fractional laser resurfacing treatment, only a portion of the skin’s surface is treated by the laser, leaving small “bridges” of untouched skin. This technique makes the healing process much quicker and enables patients to get back to their normal lifestyles sooner. It is also less painful than other skin tightening RF devices. Other major benefits include the ability to use it under the eyes to remove lines that wrinkle reducing injections cannot treat.
Laser resurfacing may be use to improve the appearance of or remove:
- Superficial scars caused by acne, surgery, or trauma that are not growing or that are getting thicker
- Colour ( Pigment) changes or defects in the skin such as liver spots, port wine stains or café-au-lait spots
ActiveFX provides remarkable results:
- Skin heals within 4 days
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Reduces or removes lines under eyes
- Only requires a topical cream
- Causes immediate skin tightening
- Noticeably improves skin tone and texture
- Doctor can go deeper if required
People with lighter skin who do not get a lot of sun exposure after the procedure tend to have the best results. People with darker skin may benefit from laser resurfacing, but their skin may not heal as well.
Please inform the doctor if you’ve
- Had skin colour changes, scarring, or thickened tissue (fibrosis) as a result of earlier treatment
- Have an immune disorder that could make healing more difficult
- Have a history of abnormal scarring ( keloid or hypertrophic scars)
- If you are currently using isotretinoin ( a drug used to treat acne) or have used it within the last 6 to 12 months. This increases the risk of scarring after the procedure.
- Have a skin infection
Please contact The Ailesbury Clinic for a free consultation on 01 2692255